California residential rental application form is used by a landlord or property management company to collect crucial information on potential tenants. The filled-in formation ranges from personal information to rental history, employment, credit, and references information. Once the applicant fills the form, they authorize the landlord to conduct a background check on them. The document is written in accordance to (Cal. Civ. Code § 1950.6) and (Cal. Civ. Code § 1950.5(c)).
How do you write a Rental Application California
- The amount of non-refundable fees.
- The type of residential property (apartment, condo, home) the size, address, rent amount, pets, and parking space guidelines.
Tenancy: The length and the commencement date.
- Full name, date of birth, social security number, driver’s license, email, and phone number.
- A description of other occupants if applicable.
- Yes or no answers to questions regarding pets, vehicles, convictions, bankruptcy, and evictions.
Current and previous employment
- Details on both current and previous employment sections should be filled as follows:
- Company name and occupation/title
- Period worked
- Gross income
- Street address, city, and state
- Name of the supervisor
- The type of residential property (apartment, condo, home) the size, number of bedrooms, and rent amount per month
- Address of the current residential property
- Duration stayed
- Current lease expiration date
- Reason or the desire for moving
- Name and contact information of the landlord (email and phone number)
- Address of the landlord
Previous residences and landlords
In these sections details of the two previous landlords and residences should be filled as follows:
The Landlords: Indicate the names, contact information, and addresses of the landlords
Previous residences: indicate the type of residential property (apartment, condo, home) the size, number of bedrooms, and rent amount per month, and the tenancy duration.
This section requires details of three references:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Relationship to the applicant
- Bank name, account, and routing number details
- Branch location and type of account (checking or saving)
- Credit card information – type, number, and limit
Once the form is duly filled with the above information, the applicant signs acknowledging and giving consent for screening. The form also contains a consumer disclosure which should be read carefully by the applicant. A copy of any investigative consumer report and credit report is also available to the applicant at no cost whenever they need it.
- Cal. Civ. Code § 1950.6
- Cal. Civ. Code § 1950.5(c)