California Vehicle/vessel bill of sale, also known as Form REG 135, is a document filed by both buyers and sellers for a transaction of a motorized vehicle or vessel. Details transcribed in the California vehicle/vessel bill of sale regarding items in question should be true and affirmed by the seller
Free California Bill of Sale Forms
The California bill of sale is a legal document highlighting a record of private transactions for items worth over $500. The bill of sale acts as proof of the ownership transfer from one party to another. There are various types of bills of sale that resonate with the instance at hand. However, each should follow the guidelines and California laws regarding each item. It is important to note that sometimes, a bill of sale requires notarization.
The following is some of the crucial information that both parties, i.e., the seller and the buyer should include:
- Printed names of the parties
- Bill of the sale date
- The crucial information of the subject item
- Price of the item
- Signatories and notarization where necessary
Bill of Sale Quick Links
(4) Free California Bill of Sale Forms to Download
Free California Mobile Home Truck Camper Bill of Sale - PDF Download
The California Mobile Home Truck Camper Bill of Sale is given by California housing and community development. It is provided for the transaction of either mobile home/manufactured home, floating home. Commercial modular or truck camper. Once the parties involved have filled the statement of facts, the seller can sign completing
Free California General Personal Property Bill of Sale - PDF Download
The California General Personal Property Bill of Sale is a legally binding document that records the transaction of personal property between parties (A buyer and a seller). The document acts as proof of a transaction and can be used in the future if the need arises. The Bill of Sale
Free California Firearm Bill of Sale - PDF Download
The state of California has strict gun laws, thus, requires the right steps should be taken when owning a gun. The California firearm bill of sale is a document that provides proof of purchase of a rifle, shotgun, handgun, among other types. The forms require specific details about the parties
California Penal Code section 27510 requires persons who want to purchase firearms to be of 21 years and above and possess a driver’s license or a state ID. The permanent residents should have identification and a 1-94 number. The resident aliens are supposed to show proof that they have stayed in California for 90 consecutive days for them to acquire a firearm.
It is important to note that:
- All firearms purchases and transfers should be done through a California licensed dealer who is under the Dealer’s Record of Sale
- There is a waiting period of ten days before the firearms are released to the buyers
- A Handgun safety certificate that lasts for five years must be obtained
- In California, gun owners are required to register with the state if they import handguns or own assault weapons.
The State of California requires that all vehicles be registered within 30 days after purchase with the California Department of Motor Vehicles. Scheduling an appointment with the local DMV makes the registration process easier. The buyer and seller should have their names printed, the date of sale indicated, and the value of the vehicle. For cases where the vehicle is a gift, the relationship between the parties should be indicated.
The following are required:
- Vehicle identification number
- Vehicle make, model, year, and license number
- A duly filled Application for Title or Registration Form REG 343
- A validated smog certificate unless the previous owner had renewed it within the last 90 days for two years
- Recent safety inspection
- Proof of insurance
A boat that is either propelled by sail, motorized, or has a height of more than 8’ should be registered before it enters any water bodies. People relocating to California and bringing their boats are given 120 days to register the boats. (In their case, a California Bill of Sale is not required)
The following are required:
- Vessel identification number
- Vessel make, model, year, and CF number
- Printed names of the buyer and seller, sales date, and worth of the boat
- Completed application for registration number (Form BOAT 101)
- Certificate of ownership
- Certificate number for the undocumented vessel
- Statement of Facts (Form REG 256)
In scenarios where the boat is a gift, the relationship between the two parties must be noted and the value of the boat indicated.